BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

About Me

My photo
i scoop. i write. i post.

Followers

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Restless Leg Syndrome

A person can survive a few weeks without eating but a person without sleep can likely survive a week. That's what i read from a certain article about sleeping problem. I was alarmed when i read this one because i dont have a regular sleep - at all! I only have at least 6 hours a day and that's the maximum i can get unless i take something that helps me to. I have a pill that helps me sleep and that makes me feel dizzy a bit then feel dozy and then there, sleep like a baby. I love taking that pill but it's not actually a sleeping pill. It's just a tablet that calms my nerves. My doctor prescribed that to me because i have a restless leg syndrome which happens usually at night or even while you're resting - as in doing nothing. That tingling sensation which is so annoying attacks whenever i just sit down, watch a movie, ride a bus or even just reading but that sensation usually attacks at night when you're about to sleep.

 

Video of a person with RLS

Some people doesn't mind this kind of feeling but for some, this can be a problem. Why? Because you tend to stay awake the whole night, most probably, and in the morning you tend to feel sleepy because you lack of sleep the night before. Some already knew how to handle this kind of situation. They just let somebody massage the tingling part (which is usually on the lower extremities, like on the ankle and the foot area) but the relief is just only temporary. After a few minutes, the sensation comes back. I, on my part, had to ask the person massaging to stay awake with me just to lightly massage the affected area. I already explained this to them and, thankfully, they understand. So, this is the reason i don't have to miss a single dose. 



I can't say the name of the product here since this entry is not really for the purpose of advertising the product. The reason i want to post this blog is for everyone to know how important sleep is. For those who can sleep normally, you have to thank God for it because it's not everybody can sleep at least 8 hours daily. I would say, im deprived of sleep and i always envy those who sleeps early than me. Not to mention, i also have an insomnia which also worsen my RLS (restless leg syndrome). I usually doze off after 3 am and i hate that!

On my next blog entry, i will post the easy tips on how to have a goodnight sleep -  the normal way. But for now, i have to go and leave you a good night sleep!

0 comments:

Featured Video